M. Hopple & Co., Cincinnati’s premier stationery and gift store, is seeking an energetic sales consultant to join our team. The ideal candidate must provide excellent customer service to meet and exceed client expectations by demonstrating excellent product knowledge and attention to detail. The candidate must be able to build and develop client relationships in a fun, dynamic environment.
Since opening our doors in 1981, M. Hopple & Co. has gained a reputation for quality products, excellent service, and unique, creative ideas. Nationally recognized in the stationery industry as a seller of the finest paper lines, M. Hopple & Co. offers over 50 vendors for wedding invitations alone! Crane & Co., William Arthur, C’est Papier, Vera Wang, Envelopments, Carlson Craft, Checkerboard, Designer’s Fine Press, and Dauphine are among our many personalized vendors. In addition, the In-House Graphic Design Department helps meet the needs of customers with care and creativity. M. Hopple & Co. prides itself on offering superior personalized service, knowledge of etiquette, understanding of current paper trends and custom products for the past 32 years.
- Assist customers with personalized albums and services to guide them through the design process
- Work with customers to develop custom invitations, announcements, stationery, etc.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of store products and services while ensuring excellent customer service
- Attempt to resolve and report customer service issues within company policy
- Ability to generate sales from customer database and leads
- Creative knowledge of color, typography, graphic design, and printing is a plus
- High-end retail experience, knowledge of the bridal or event planning industry is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Business Office Edition
- Experience with retail Point of Sale software preferred
- Excellent grammatical, spelling, and basic math skills
- Experience with etiquette in formal writing
- Great customer service skills and outgoing, interactive personality
- Love of paper and stationery
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and appointments on an as-needed basis
Standing (duration of shift), sitting, walking, lifting (up to 25 lbs), pulling, pushing, climbing (ladders), stooping, and crouching.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop into the store and pick up an employment application. Please, no phone calls.