Tag Archives: m. hopple
Our 2 For 1 Sale Starts Today!
Call to Artist: CityArt Holiday Card Contest 2015
M. Hopple & Co., Cincinnati’s premier fine paper goods retailer, is proud to announce its Ninth Annual CityArt Holiday
Card Contest. The theme of this year’s contest is “Winter Fun in Cincinnati.” We are asking local artists to capture
scenes of winter activities in Cincinnati and the surrounding areas, for example: Symphony at Music Hall, Ice skating in
Fountain Square, Holiday Junction at the Museum Center, Cincinnati Santa-Con, Festival of Lights at the
Cincinnati Zoo, Lebanon Horse Drawn Carriage Parade, Krohn Conservatory Nativity Scene, Holiday Lights at Sharon
Woods, Skiing at Perfect North, Light Up the City Celebrations (ex: Madeira, downtown tree lighting, OTR, etc.).
Please keep in mind that judges award points based on the following criteria: artwork fits the chosen theme
for the year, is appealing to the general population of Cincinnati, and will reproduce well as a greeting card.
A panel of judges will select up to four submissions from local artists. The winning designs will be printed as part
of the 2015 CityArt Holiday Card Collection. The collection will be sold at M. Hopple & Co., with a portion of the
proceeds going to The Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Cincinnati, a local non-profit organization, whose mission
is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support
for all affected; and to reduce to risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Winning art from this
competition has been featured on local morning news shows and in numerous newspapers and media outlets in our
region. Since 2006, over 20,000 Holiday Cards have been sold.
• Art should feature scenes of Winter Fun activities or locations in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area.
• Because the winning submissions will be sold as greeting cards during the holiday season,
submissions should be seasonal (avoid summer scenes, spring flowers, etc.)
• Media types can include photo, painting, drawing and collage. Artists should avoid glitter, three
dimensional features or other techniques that will not reproduce effectively.
• Original art should be no larger than 10” x 14.” The final cards will be 5” x 7” and printed in full color or
black and white, as appropriate. For cropping purposes art is best when it is proportional to the final
5×7 size, either vertical or horizontal.
• Artists are asked to remove or obscure any features or objects that might be copyrighted, trademarked
or otherwise are not part of the public domain, i.e. logos or signs, unless permission is granted in
writing by the owner of the feature or object.
• Submissions must be mailed or delivered to:
M. Hopple & Co.
Attn: 2015 CityArt Entries
7920 Hosbrook Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45243
• The deadline for contest entries is SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12th, 2015.
• Artists must agree not to compete with the Holiday Card Collection by reproducing their art in a
similar fashion through January 31, 2016.
• Contest organizers have the right to adjust contest guidelines as necessary.
Call to Artists 2015